It's the time of year when everyone is making resolutions for the new year, and this year we'd like to encourage you to resolve to drink coffee every day. From decreasing your stress levels to reducing your risk of Type 2 diabetes, there are many reasons we think you should resolve to drink coffee every day of this year. Here are our top 5 reasons you should resolve to drink coffee every day!
1. Did you know that your daily cup of coffee could reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes? According to a study conducted by The American Chemical Society, drinking four or more cups of coffee a day can reduce your chance of developing Type 2 diabetes by 50 percent.
2. Coffee makes you happy! It's true; coffee can help combat depression. A study conducted by the National Institute of Health found that people who consume four or more cups of coffee are 10% less likely to be depressed compared to those who never drink coffee.
3. Your daily cup of coffee can help keep your mind sharp. Studies by the University of South Florida and the University of Miami show that those who are 65 and older that have elevated levels of caffeine in their body developed Alzheimer's disease two to four years later than others with lower caffeine levels. Although not a cure, consuming a cup of coffee every day can reduce your risk of Alzheimer's or even delay its onset.
4. If you're a little stressed and sleep-deprived, destress with a trip to your local coffee shop or brew yourself a fresh cup of coffee. Researchers from the Seoul National University learned that just being exposed to the smell of coffee can trigger a reaction in the brain proteins tied to stress.
5. Antioxidants are good for your health, and luckily, your daily cup of coffee is loaded with them. Studies show that coffee provides more antioxidants than those in fruits and vegetables. One important antioxidant, chlorogenic acid, is almost exclusively found in coffee and can help prevent cardiovascular disease.
If you've decided it's time to resolve to drink coffee every day, visit Growers Alliance at 322 Anastasia Blvd or shop our selection of fair trade and pesticides free coffee on www.growersalliance.com